EXPAND YOUR PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
This class is intended to prepare students for the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) Certified Associated in Project Management (CAPM®). The focus is on providing an in-depth review of the five process groups: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling, and Closing. Upon completion of this class, students will have a solid foundation regarding the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), and have the foundational knowledge to prepare for the CAPM®.
A recent study by the Standish Group found that only 34% of all projects are completed. The major reason for project failure is scope creep. In this class, students learn how to work with the customer from the outset to make sure the work (or scope) is clearly defined.
For those individuals interested in the Project Management Professional (PMP®) examination, it’s highly recommended to first complete this intermediate course. The knowledge gained here is expanded in the PMP® prep course. The average salary in the United States for those holding the PMP® credential is $97,000. A great goal !
This course aligns with the PMBOK® Guide (5th Ed.), and specifically covers the following important topics:
- Mastering the 5 Process Groups and 10 Knowledge Areas
- Examine Projects and the Organization
- Getting Started with Network Diagrams
- Confidence computing Earned Value Management (EVM) calculations
- Bonus Session! Test-taking Techniques!
HIGHLY INTERACTIVE CLASS
- Receive a workbook including lessons on Network Diagrams and EVM.
- Case studies provide an opportunity to reinforce concepts in a team setting.
- Full access to the Kool Derby Portal, which contains quizzes that mirror the real CAPM® exam.
- Engaging videos show project management concepts in action.
- Earn 16 PMI-approved Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to apply toward PMI educational hours requirement.
The knowledge gained from this course provides immediate value to YOU and YOUR organization! The skills taught mirror the PMBOK® Guide requirements, while simultaneously integrating real situations. The class is interacting, engaging, and highly instructional .
Project management concepts are used in all sectors, including IT, banking, government, nonprofit, construction, telecommunications, military, and more! Once you learn framework, the knowledge is applied anywhere you work!
This is a big step in your career. Are you ready for the challenge?